Big Sur Tour with Monterey California Coast and McWay Falls One Day round trip or 2 to 3 days to Los Angeles. From San Francisco / Oakland / San Jose / Salinas / Monterey / Carmel
This trip will show you the most beautiful coastline of California in a day! More time to spend on the coast with an experienced driver guide for 8 hours from San Jose, and 6 hours from Monterey or Carmel. If you would like to start from Monterey or Carmel area, the cost per person will be $278 based on 2 people, and $198 for 3 people. We can take you as far as McWay Falls on this trip. Because this is a private tour, it is much easier to make stops as needed. Customer Comments ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Private excursion with experienced local driver guide
- Option 1. From San Francisco or Oakland at additional cost. *See additional starting locations below.
- Option 2. Overnight in Monterey area going down to Los Angeles. *Hearst Castle can be added on day 2 or 3 at additional cost.
- Option 3. Overnight in Monterey area return to San Francisco on day 2 or day 3
- Option 4. From Los Angeles overnight in Monterey – 2 days
- Option 5. From Monterey Carmel to Big Sur if you are already in Monterey
- Option 6. New! From San Francisco with Silicon Valley and Big Sur Monterey
- Option 7. New! Monterey Carmel Private Tours
- Option 8. New! California Central Coast Wine Tasting Tours
Big Sur, California Coast Redwoods, Monterey One Day Tour includes: Transportation by driver guide using full size sedan car or SUV. This is one of the most scenic coast ride in the U.S. The driver guide will stop at places you wish to enjoy in Santa Cruz, Monterey, Big Sur, Bixby Bridge, River Inn, Pfeiffer State Park of Coastal Redwoods, Nepenthe and many other places.
Big Sur and Pacific Coast Highway
Big Sur is one of the ten most scenic shore lines in the U.S. Along the California Pacific Coast Highway One south of Monterey is the iconic Bixby Bridge, Pigeon Point Lighthouse, The Coastal Redwoods at Pfeiffer State Park and the fabled Nepenthe. You may recognize some of the places from movies such as The Sandpiper with Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. Currently some of the scenery can be seen on Big Little Lies on HBO. You can visit this unique area and see Monterey on a one-day trip or even stay a night.
San Jose to Santa Cruz to Monterey:
Driver guide will pick you up at San Jose Diridon Station at about 9:30 a.m. Driving through Silicon Valley and The Redwoods you reach the coast at Santa Cruz. Along Highway 1 you go through Aptos, Capitola, and agricultural area to Elkhorn Slough and Moss Beach. Soon you are in Castroville driving through miles of artichoke and strawberry fields. Along the coast you see sand dunes on the west and Salinas Valley with the coastal mountain range to the east. Salinas River empties into Monterey Bay. Past California State University of Monterey in what used to be Fort Ord through Marina and Seaside you reach Monterey and Carmel by 11:30. Continue on Highway One through Point Lobos to Bixby Bridge and McWay Falls.
Further south you can wander in the Redwoods, have lunch at The River Inn or at Nepenthe or ask the driver to take you to any special place you want to see. By about 3:30 you return to Monterey. Time permitting you can take an alternate drive through 17 Mile Drive and see Pebble Beach.
*Additional starting locations, times, and costs to go San Jose ( Diridon Station or Berryessa / North San Jose Station ) takes about an hour.
- San Francisco, 4th & King Station, 700 4th St at 8:00 a.m. ( Clipper card $21 round trip for Caltrain ). San Francisco, Powell Station to Berryessa / North San Jose Station by BART
- Emeryville ( San Francisco by Thruway bus), 5885 Horton Street at 8:10 a.m. ( $38 round trip for Capitol Corridor Amtrak )
- Oakland, Jack London Square, 245 2nd St at 8:20 a.m. ( $38 round trip for Capitol Corridor Amtrak )
We can also pick up and drop off in San Francisco / Marin Country / East Bay / Mountain View / Palo Alto at additional cost.
The return trip goes to Prunedale and then Highway 101 crossing San Andreas Fault and Morgan Hill and Gilroy. The rural land gives way to the urban sprawl of San Jose, reaching Diridon station around 5:30.
Points of Interest:
* Silicon Valley *Santa Cruz *Capitola * Gilroy – San Andreas Fault * Elkhorn Slough and Moss Landing where Salinas River empties in to Monterey Bay * Strawberry and artichoke farms stretching miles. * Bixby Bridge * Big Sur whose famous residents include Henry Miller and Jack Kerouac. McWay Falls. Keyhole Arch at Pfeiffer Beach. * Giant Coastal Redwoods. *Historic Monterey. *Carmel by the Sea. *Pebble Beach.
Big Sur – Redwoods – Monterey California Coast One Day Trip – Tour Code SJBM From San Jose or Monterey, Carmel
Total Cost Based on Number in Party – lower or higher on certain days. Due to current COVID 19 conditions the trip is offered only to family members for each party.
Available Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun in 2022 / 2023 Discount may be available. Please ask us for details
Cost for 2022 / 2023 from Monterey or Carmel by Lincoln Town car – 6 hours ( hotel pick up and drop off included )
|1 pax||２ pax||３ pax||４ pax|
|$496||$556 ($278)||$594 ($198)||$676 ($169)|
Cost for 2022 / 2023 from San Jose Diridon Station by Lincoln Town car at 9:30 a.m – 8 hours
|1 pax||２ pax||３ pax||４ pax|
|$638||$698 ($349)||$768 ($256)||$800 ($200)|
Big Sur Redwoods Monterey California Coast One Day Tour includes:
Private Round Trip Transportation by experienced driver-guided tour of Santa Cruz (if starts in San Jose), Monterey, Big Sur, Highway #1, Bixby Bridge, Coastal Redwoods, Nepenthe, McWay Falls parking fee, Fuel charge, Tax. Additional costs payable direct are driver’s gratuity and other personal expenses.
Transportation is provided by companies under contract to us. They are fully licensed by California Public Utility Commission. They carry required insurance and comply with USDOT and CHP safety requirements. Updated on November 20th, 2022.
To make a reservation and check availability or have any questions, please submit the following request form or contact us. We will get back to you within 24 hours on weekdays 48 hours on weekends. There is no need to provide credit card information at this time.